After a huge case of writer’s block and neglecting this blog, I am back! In case you care/haven’t seen my copious amount of photos of social media or had the pleasure of seeing my snapchat stories of flashing lights in clubs, here’s what I did this summer.
- I finished school at the end of June and my first trip was to Singapore to meet my family. We had 10 days there and it was so nice to be reunited, and Singapore was a really cool place and convenient since it’s about half way between Spain and New Zealand
- I arrived back from Singapore and met up with some travelling kiwis in Madrid and showed them around. Ended up making a spur of the moment decision to go to Valencia for the night and ended up going to Barcelona for another two. Four of my favourite days this summer, pub crawls every night and meeting the best people ever.
- After a week back in Spain I flew to Split, Croatia with one of my best friends to take on Ultra Music Festival and Sail Croatia. We explored Split – Omis – Makarska – Hvar – Mljet National Park – Dubrovnik, all while sailing down the coast on the mighty M/S Lav with the best Kiwi/Aussie crew. We did this through Travel Talk, who I highly reccommend. Best week of my life! (Although I have said that about every trip this summer)
- Back to Madrid for four days (worked out cheaper and I was trying to work my summer around my travelling friends) with a cheeky visit from Mr. Dowdle, I honestly love showing people around Madrid, I have my standard loop but it never gets old, should really start my own walking tour.
- Budapest – Belgrade – Sarajevo – Mostar – Dubrovnik – Budva – Zadar – Plitvice Lakes – Ljubljana. What was meant to be a 12 day Topdeck around Turkey was unfortunately cancelled, due to unrest in Turkey turned into a 15 day Balkan Explorer. I went into this trip open minded and excited to travel to all of these new places. This trip ended up being such an amazing experience, going to places I never would have thought of going to, with such a chilled and fun group of people and our trip leader Kriszti was one of the best people I’ve ever met. Highly reccommend visiting the Balkans, there’s so much history and so much beauty. I can’t pick a favourite, but I loved Budapest, it’s such a beautiful city and there’s so much to do.
- Last but by no means least, Greece. Lydia and I went through Sail in Greece for a week of sailing (and drinking) around Athens – Mykonos – Paros – Naxos – Ios – Santorini. Another one of ‘the best weeks ever’. We had a group of 40 spread over two boats, we had the smaller ‘party’ boat and there were 12 of us, some of the most fun and crazy people ever. Greece literally blew my mind, it was so beautiful, it made me want to move there. I’ll definitely be back for more (and gyros). Exploring all day and partying all night, what more could I want.
- What’s next? Munich, Germany for Oktoberfest! Going with Stoke Travel and some amazing Australian humans I met in Amsterdam at Christmas, stay posted…. 4 days of beer come at us.
So after three months of no work and drinking and eating my way around Europe (the food everywhere was amaaaaazing) I’m finally getting back to ‘reality’ and have started nannying for the couple of weeks before school starts.